20 Jan 2022
The EPA has published EPA Research Report 401: Peatland Properties Influencing Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Removals.
View the project highlights video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4lPSVh8Nr0
What are the key takeaways?
- Bogs come in different shapes and depths.
- Their historical uses have affected their properties.
- They lose their precious store of carbon when drained.
- The solution is to raise the water table.
- Site-by-site approach to retweeting needed to return them to acting as a natural carbon storage machine.
Link to the Report: