Applications are now being accepted under the EPA Research Fellowships Call 2021. The EPA is inviting research fellowship proposals under the following two topics which will work with/support the LIFE IP Peatlands and People project in terms of demonstrating the impact of the enhanced restoration activities on emissions:
- Analysis of terrestrial GHG emissions and removals and wider impacts of land management and peatland restoration on Ireland’s Nitrogen cycle - Nitrous Oxide.
- Analysis of terrestrial GHG emissions and removals and wider impacts of land management and peatland restoration on Ireland’s Carbon cycle - Carbon Dioxide.
The EPA Research Fellowships Call 2021 involves co-funding with the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine (DAFM).
The indicative timeframe is as follows:
- Wednesday 19th January 2022 at 17:00 GMT: Deadline for queries relating to the technical contents of this call
- Wednesday 26th January 2022 at 17:00 GMT: Submission deadline
- Wednesday 2nd February 2022 at 17:00 GMT: Approval deadline
- February 2022: Evaluation process
- March 2022: Negotiation
- April 2022: Grant award of successful projects
- By 30th June 2022: Start of successful projects
Applications must be made online through the EPA's Grant Management and Application portal (https://epa.smartsimple.ie/s_Login.jsp).
Visit the EPA website for more information: https://www.epa.ie/our-services/research/epa--research-funding/epa-research-calls/